Thursday 3 March 2016

Too Nice Out to Spend All Day on This: Hawks 5, Red Wings 2 and Last Night's Big Boy

Like it says, I have other things I wanna do, so just some quick points.
- Shots were even and chances seemed close, but The Hawks were simply finishing better, thanks to Petr Mrazek being less-than-average in The Wing's net and The Wing's D-corps leaving The Hawks unchecked far too often.  I wonder if Ladd's shot had not gone in how many more whacks they would have let him take.
- When Goose makes passes like the one he sent to Seabrook on the game's first goal it's hard to believe he's ever a healthy scratch.
- Christian Ehrhoff made his Hawks debut and I like what I saw.  No red flags thus far.
- Looking ahead, Dale Weise is expected to play in Boston tonight and I assume Scott Darling will start.  
Oh, those feckless Red Wings made several Hawks look positively heroic in this one, but the tie breaker gives Seabrook the nod due to last night at least being something other than him standing around looking bewildered.  Oh, and he had three points, both assists being actually very fine plays. Also, I stole this image ages ago and have been dying to use it.
              They do?  I think he looks like a homeless Eddie Munster, but I'm no lady...



No comments:

Post a Comment