Thursday 29 September 2016

Something I Forgot About

In my couple of preseason spitballin' posts I neglected to mention or even think of a player that may well shape The Hawks' defense this season.  And not in a good way, oh my, no.  How could I have forgotten this?
Yup, I somehow blanked on Viktor Svedberg, but was cheerfully reminded of he of the lanky frame when I read the boxscore from last night's preseason match vs. Pittsburgh (0-2 loss, BTW).  Three penalties and little else to show, for the record.
We can only hope that the apparent depth that The Hawks possess on D will keep Ichabod Svedberg elsewhere this season, but I fear that The Braintrust have not quite given up on his 6-foot-8ishness.

Rockford is too close, Sweden not far enough away...

Obligatory photo credit: Bill Smith, Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment