Friday 13 January 2017

Pack It Up, Get Outta Town: Capitals 6, Hawks 0

I won't perform a complete post-mortem on this one, I won't even inspect that stats pack even if I could because after over a year NHL.com is still not working worth a damn.
After the fourth goal against, The Hawks already had one foot on the step of the bus. They actually had a good go there for awhile in the second, and I wonder if Vinnie Hinnie's non-goal had counted would that have boosted morale enough to keep pushing.   
Water under the bridge. Here are the quick and very dirty bits:

TVR.  I've not bitched about him much, lately, 'cos it hurts my heart to even consider that this worthless skinbag is even a thing, but allow me to vent a bit.  
1) On Goal #1 that was the most half-hearted, pathetic attempt at a poke check I've ever seen.
2) The Washington TV crew (more about that later) slagged Panarin for putting a pass in TVR's feet and, yes, the puck did end up in the feet, but only because TVR attempted to receive the pass with the blade of his stick pointing at the puck.  Seriously....
3) This power play duty has to stop.  TVR has zero guile, telegraphs his intentions and limits the team's chances because he takes so long to do anything.  And by "anything" I mean "nothing".
I know Kane was dead tired on the fourth goal but he cannot be a spectator on that play. That was his guy even though it should not have been because TVR was allegedly on the ice, as well, yet nowhere to be seen.  Who knows what that idiot was doing or where he was doing it.
Did The Hawks manage a single pass in the slot area before the game was out of reach?  The only one that comes to mind is Toews' & Hossa's half-hearted "rush" with four minutes remaining.
Keith simply could not break out tonight.  Between poor decisions and failures to execute his game was a horror show.  I've mentioned this before but this is becoming serious and far more frequent. Something is up with him.

Here's the Later: I had to watch the Washington feed, which I was completely unfamiliar with. The play-by-play guy was okay, I guess, but Craig Laughlin, the colour man, is possibly worse than Darren Pang, complete with inane comments and the obligatory "Jarmalson" nonsense.  Making matters worse, his voice is so high & whiny I think I'd rather drag my fingernails across a chalk board than endure that again.  He sounds like Jim Gaffigan on helium, but with nothing of any value to relate.  Where's that volume control....?

No comments:

Post a Comment