Saturday 24 November 2018

Hopeless? Lightning ?, Hawks ?

Full disclosure - I only watched the first 9½ minutes before finding something else to do.  I don't even know what the final score was.  Maybe tomorrow when I'm less angry.

In that less-than-ten-minutes The Hawks were already down 3-0, had a single shot on net and looked as bad or worse than they've ever been.
Zero defensive coverage.  Forwards failed to pick up a man, any man.  The D had shitty gaps and either committed too soon or not at all.
Breakouts were terrible, with too many Hawks happy enough to try to pass through skates and bodies rather than hang on to the single second longer to see if a lane would open up.
No Hawk won a puck battle in those 9½ minutes.  Not one.
And good god, The Hawks made Ryan McDonough look like a star. This is a guy who skates like he's got one foot in a bucket, yet he calmly halted every Hawks player who came his way, gathered the puck and moved it up ice with a crisp, on-target pass.  If HE can do it why can NO Hawks defenceman pull it off?

And if tomorrow, when I get around to finding out what happened in the last 50 minutes, I hear any Hawks player or coach utter the phrase "full sixty minutes" I'll plotz.  Stop talking about it and just do it.  Play ONE game from start to finish like you give a shit.  I'm tired of the bait & switch The Hawks keep pulling....playing so well for only part of a game, and I'm tired of typing the same stuff night after night.

No comments:

Post a Comment