Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Business Side of Hockey and Some Other Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

Let's Not Kid Ourselves
Soon-to-be-ex-NHLers Brooks Laich and Ondrej Pavelec declared their understanding of "The Business Side of Hockey", suggesting that salary cap considerations led to their waivers/demotions.
What about being Bad At Hockey?  Would that have any bearing on their situations?

                                     Those high ones count as two shots on net.
Cujo II: Time For Your Shots
I just read that Brian Elliott led the NHL in save percentage last season with .930.  I am not suggesting that Elliott is a poor goaltender, as he is a quite capable goaltender, but I am suggesting that the same sort of shenanigans that allowed Curtis Joseph to sport some gaudy S% stats back when he played for St. Loomis may again be in play.  If Carter Hutton leads the league in that category this year we shall launch an inquest.

                                                 I've made a huge mistake.
Sell Me the Steak and Spare Me the Sizzle
The MontrĂ©al Canadiens seem to be spending a lot of energy trying to get Habs fans to like Shea Weber.  Guys, those maniacs will still watch your games and buy hats & stuff even if they hate the guy.  This should be, at best, a minor concern, far behind 1) If Carey Price gets hurt again we're fucked, 2) What the hell is Andrei Markov doing? and 3) My coach's ego is ten times the size of his intellect but I hired him so I'll look stupid if I fire him, right?




2 comments:

  1. This came up in my Facebook feed. Well done, Mo. My new favorite hockey blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are other hockey blogs? What the -

    ReplyDelete