Tuesday 12 April 2016

Problem Solved!

From blackhawks.nhl.com:
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have recalled defenseman David Rundblad from the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs and reassigned forwards Bryan Bickell and Dennis Rasmussen to Rockford.

Even I, the world's most inveterate Rundblad apologist, find this puzzling.
I cannot imagine Q slotting Rundblad in ahead of Goose or Ehrhoff, unless he hates Ehrhoff more than he hates Rundy so what's this about?  As far as I know, Svedberg is day-to-day and still on the roster, so this cannot be a cap-compliance thing.  I think.  
The best I can come up with is that Rundblad looks awesome in a suit and will class up the press box, propping up Bobby Hull.
As for the others, I guess it was worth a shot to see how Bickell looked, even if everyone figured on "terrible", as was the case.  I thought Moose had a pretty good game against Columbus but, if we're going to carry 28 defencemen, something's gotta give.
Assuming Hoss, Shaw and Large Arthur return tomorrow, who will be the odd forward out? I'm guessing Weise, because who is Q to deprive us of another vital Reaves vs. Mashinter encounter?
          What a nice collage.  I like that it includes Rundy's usual view of the arena!

No comments:

Post a Comment